Life
Since moving into my current apartment, life has only gotten better.
I've moved up in the corporate world, am making more money (and a pay raise), have realised that my key strengths are pretty remarkable, am understanding and learning to work on my weaknesses, am cherished more than I have ever been in the past, have become aware of the power of connections and pretty much just grown up.
OK maybe 'growing up' doesn't quite get the message across.
I'm grateful for excellent neighbours - to the point where we hang out with each other on the weekends...have some pretty awesome themed parties as well as random excuses to consume copious amount of alcohol, ice cream, BBQ, fried chicken...you get the idea. We're experts in a variety of fields - Air Traffic Controllers, Air Force Captains, Producers, Designers, Photographers, Teachers, Paramedics, Entrepreneurs, Chefs and me. It feels good to hear them say that when the time comes, we should all move to the same place, so we can continue to be neighbours.
I'm grateful to having friends I can count on. Who market me when we're in a group - it’s all part of subtle group dynamics and social interactivity I know, but it is an ego boost when they brag about things that make me, well, me...share the joys and frustrations of our work and embrace the fact that it is our differences that bind us.
I am grateful for parents and a brother (and future sis-in-law). I know I can call you two when I need to talk, mull over life decisions and get the heck teased out of me. It keeps me in check and reminds me where I come from - our roots, or lack thereof. I’m grateful for the upbringing and opportunities that have led to our current success. I tried to put myself in dad's shoes, when he was the age I am now, and I don't know how he had the maturity to see so far ahead. I'll unabashedly say I want to be just like him when I grow up.
I wouldn't be able to conquer the world without her. She's my morale booster, my personal publicist, my reality check, my objective POV, my confidante, my heart, my soul and my baby.
Professionally, I've got media, and pretty influential ones at that, who are willing to vouch for me as referees. Whoa! I've made it through numerous rounds of interviews with companies that are ranked as the top five in my industry, globally. I was told at a 'casual work lunch' interview that I'm not giving myself enough credit. LOL. yeah, um, about that...*scratching head* I'm the one behind the camera, not in front of it.
My future looks pretty fuckin' awesome…
And I'm happy.
<< Home