Sunday, May 21, 2006

work distraction

Its been a crazy week plus at work.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the work. Its a thrill when you see your story published [albeit for the client]. It's an awesome feeling when the client sends me an email saying she's glad I'm onboard - given how close they were to dropping the agency.

Then I find out that 4 account servicing staff have handed in their resignation. At the same time.
They are still in their 3 month probation period, which means they only need to serve 1 week notice. The last one leaves this Friday, leaving two of us to handle all the accounts.

groan.

With the double workload, what shits me is the understanding that the bosses 'know' we need to hire pple to replace those that left, but they say 'it'll take time'.

I have no problem taking on the extra work - putting in nearly 14-15 hour days, but I can't do this for an indefinite period. The worry is that if we can handle the accounts without the other 4, there may never be a hire to help us.

sigh.

But! as wonderful distraction is the new addition to our family, photos are hard, she can't sit still =) a 4 month old mad child that kinda sorta fell into our hands.