Wednesday, April 12, 2006

I heart ikea

The past three weeks have me sitting in front of the computer with unlimited cups of coffee and a pack of smokes - as I apply for jobs and more jobs - customizing my cover letter to each company - knowing if they don't like it/me/my qualifications, I'll never know.

It bugs me that in this day an age of mass mailing gunk and bulk emailing applications, companies can't be bothered to send out an email letting us pathetic job-seeks know we haven't got the job.

Seriously! Seriously.

It sucks. I don't get closure with some of the applications coz they never tell me if they have found someone else, I'm not good enough...its not you, its me...while your qualifications and experience are great, we're looking for someone who has the one thing you don't.

grr.

But, I was very pleasantly surprised to receive a letter in the mailbox - the physical one that sits at the bottom of my building...from Ikea...Informing me that while my qualifications...you know the rest...sing along with me...

I was touched that by taking that extra five minutes to print out the letter, get the boss to sign it, add envelope and postage, they have allowed me to move on and wistfully sigh at the loss - instead of wondering: where did I go wrong? was it my writing? the attachments? my portfolio?

*wail*

ok - back to regular programming -