Saturday, December 31, 2005

2005

Its the end of another year and what a ride its been.

Starting off without a job and spending all the time I did looking for one makes me appreciate every day that I get up to go in to work. I don't want to be out there, it kills you. The depression. Rejections. Failure. The feeling that maybe all the time and money you spent working to a goal and qualification are worthless. Its not good for the soul. I know you and I have been there and I thank you for your kind words during that time and helping me with decisions when I needed a calm and rational head to bounce ideas.

The job itself, I can't even begin to describe. I love what I do. I love that I'm appreciated for the things I do. I work with an amazing bunch of people and while the chaffing can sometimes be bothersome, it all works out in the end. I love that we can be ourselves and have bosses that are so approachable, friendly, fun and brilliant beer buddies.

This year has also been a difficult one on some levels. Its hard explaining to some and to those I have spoken to, thank you for accepting me. It isn't a conscious decision. It just happens. You just know when its true. I can't explain how or what (or even who) got me here. Poor Steph. I didn't really give you a chance did I? I'm sorry. I guess it was just a wrong time in my life.

We're heading your way in the second week of April '06 so that should be a blast. =)

Have a blessed new year's and here's to another 12 months...