Monday, November 21, 2005

playing catch up...

Over the past coupla weeks...

Its almost Christmas! yay! I love Christmas. Well, its a bit strange here in the temp-motherland, but with family and friends that celebrate it in all its glory, I can't wait to put up the tree, watch my aunt make her Christmas cake and the sugee cake (yum)!

have been insanely busy at work. groan. I'm starting to feel like I have no life.

Dad's been worried I'm over doing it. lol. which is hilarious given this is exactly how he was when we were growing up...now, my bro and I are like that. I guess given where we both are, it isn't having a negative effect or anything.

I need a holiday so bad. sigh.

Finally took a stand and told my parents I don't want to be in my motherland for Christmas and new years (a cousin's getting married). groan. I can imagine all the shit I'll be getting, everyone highly inquisitive, asking me what my plans are and when its going to be my turn.

I have the dubious honor of being a prize catch for any family (or so they say), what with being a phirangi [foreigner] and therefore having a foreign degree and work experience and a modern outlook on life... and ofcourse as with all things, the flip side being "I'm modern, probably don't understand or speak the language [false - I speak all 4 languages - my parents both being from 2 completely diff states] I probably wouldn't know how to wear the clothes that come culturally entwined with the heritage, I probably have far too many ideals that are quite contrary to their families...the list goes on, but you get the idea.

Its more the "what- if's" and "probably's" that get to me, yet I'm seen as quite a catch. What with my ample child-bearing hips to propagate the wondrous clan I'm supposed to become part of.

Maybe the wedding would be a great time to 'come out' to the entire sub-continent. Good Lord. Can you imagine the catastrophe that would ensue?

Meanwhile, the ex- is getting antsy in his castle. Animosity isn't quite explaining it...but its ugly.

Its turning out quite expensive buying a ticket over (with me not eligible for parental support) not to mention the problem with a place to stay. groan. hopefully year end bonus stays for trip and lets not forget bringing sweep over. soft sigh.

Its been six months since we've been together and by lord! I'm happy. you know how I never could see myself with someone for the rest of my life (You 3 know what I'm talking about) but with her, its bliss. The strangest thing is getting validation from her ex- (they were together for 7 years) *grin*

ok. more tomorrow...