my baby...
So I heard from DIMIA about 2 weeks ago - they've asked for more information on one of my application sections. With the paperwork coming in (hopefully) by the end of the week, I can send it all off early next week. *scratching chin* I'm thinking, worst case scenario, I should be hear something within the next month or so. (I'm hoping it takes less time)
I wish I could say I'm jumping for joy. Not that I'm not happy in any way, I'm being cautious, if you will. Don't want to get them hopes up too high. The disappointment, if it doesn't work out, would be hard to get over. While everyone else around me assures me that its all good, and that its as good as mine *shrugs* I'm a believer in the "Fool me once shame on you...fool me twice, shame on me" bleagh.
I had blogged (albeit ages ago) about how expensive it was turning out to be, taking Sweep with me to LA, the length of the journey and the possible negative effects. Where I am now, it gonna cost me about 1/3rd the price and no quarantine to bring him over! woo!There is the one problem of custody.
The ex- was rather upset then when I brought up the idea of taking sweep with me. He felt it wasn't fair coz I said Sweep is mine (I wanted a cat, he's never had pets before and was highly against the idea) and I want to take him - I apparently missed out the crucial "us" and "our" factor.
Anyways...the point still remains that the ex- has been taking care of Sweep while I've been away. And now, I want to bring him over...not to mention all my things still in the house we lived in.
The plan was to come to AU in January, for the fireworks and aussie day, but she's on an overseas deployment thing. so those plans have just been scrapped. We're now planning on coming over as soon as my PR thing gets settled (lol) and hopefully take Sweep back with us. Before which I do need to talk to above mentioned ex- about it. sigh.
I'm so not in the mood for his dramatic tantrums. urgh. and the lecture. *head in hands*
help!
<< Home