Saturday, February 05, 2005

Finding Mocca.

Its been a while since I just let myself go, allowed myself to be normal, no restrictions, no censorship of words and feelings. And last night, ah! Last night was so relaxing and great and just fuckin amazing.

Vanessa and I were at Raffles City last night having dinner and then mingled with far too many people dressed in tuxedos and gowns, realizing we were standing out as sore thumbs in our crappy tee's and (her) burms and (my) shitty jeans.

Them dressed up folk were there for some formal dinner with The Howard Man and I was tempted to go ask him where the status of my PR and demand to know why he's shmoozing with people when I'm dying here. But the metal detectors scared me, so he escaped my interrogation. damnit.

I was gonna steal the giant national flag The Howard Man's people (heh) had on the wall, but Vanessa very wisely said they might have a problem with that and take me away, which meant that they would take my bag away and I would not have access to my lipbalm. the horror!

And here's something I have an issue with: when there's a formal 'do' at the ballrooms that happen to be inside a shopping center, why are guests of said 'do' allowed to smoke outside their ballroom that technically falls into the category of inside the shopping center? In which case, that floor can be made into a smokers floor and the smoking public should have access to it.

*hands on hips*

Once I was sufficiently calmed down from the above issues and Vanessa assured me no one would be taking my lipbalm away, we went over to the Esplanade and thoroughly enjoyed indie band Mocca. They were infectious and one couldn't help moving to the music. Dang woman! I shoulda asked the cute fella to dance! damnit.

Ok, so we were a lil stupid, getting there at about 15 mins before the set finished and for some reason, we are always ending up at Marina for a movie except this time, we had a nice long walk, I struggled with my skirt (um...its fitted and doesn't let me take adequately long steps so forget climbing all them bastard stairs) talked about her wedding, choosing rings, my position as cigg holder and hipflask bearer [I'm thinking of hooking it up to my garter *grin*] bitched a lil, reminisced about Melbourne, the boys we had there *wicked grin* marriage, kids, growing old, me being a cool aunt to her kids [that are expected in exactly a year after the wedding, we wouldn't want to startle the Danish now would we?] knowing that he's the one you want to be with not together forever for now.

We spoke about you as well and how much I'm looking forward to seeing you when you get here and it being so long, so very long since those days. I'm worried that I may not be here when you come and that if I am, we realize that we've idolised each other in the past 6 years and things could get weird and maybe affect our friendship. deep sigh.

Ok, so our first choice [of movie] was Constantine, which I desperately want to watch BUT am terrified it'll scare me shitless and refuse to come back home to an empty bed. I doubt I'll survive through the night. So the options were to watch it and I head back to her place (but we can't both fit on her bed) or to wait till we bring strawng men we can hiede behind in the theater and whose strawng ams can keep us saef at naet.

well, the chances of that happening anytime soon looked quite bleak, so we settled on Finding Neverland, and by Gawd! that was the best decision we have ever made! Ok, so some of the other decisions were excellent too but since we have a gag order on what they are, lets just say they are not quite sure our respective home governments would approve.

Finding Neverland is amazing. It's a beautiful journey and the film allows you to literally watch a genius at work and enthralls you by forcing your imagination to see what he sees while you experience the film as a member of his audience in the theater.

For the first time, in Singapore, I was amazed to find that even after "The End" appeared on the screen, most people were still in their seats astounded, astonished, amazed by what they had just experienced.

thank you for a great night babe.