Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Don't mess with me today.

One of my faults, that I freely admit to, is being quick to anger. I drive myself insane thinking about what happened/was said to the point where I find it hard to get to sleep, going through the conversation in my head, arguing with said person (in my head ofcourse) and rationalizing my anger (did I mention this was all in my head?) and then eventually coming to some sort of conclusion.

All this 'in my head' business is what I do when I say I need a time out.

So, if I find (after much analysis - in my head) I was justified, I tell them. That again depends on my relationship with said person.

If our relationship is not very dear, I find that its a waste of my time and energy and let it pass. Its not worth it.

If on the other hand, I treasure my relationship with said person, I make it really clear that I'm pissed off. And we take it from there.

There have been some brilliant clashes (meaning that at the end of it we seem to have reached a new level without inflicting massive amounts of hurt) and others where either party, in our own obvious ways have offered an olive branch thus admitting to and apologizing for irritation inflicted. Once dealt with, I'm equally quick to forgive and move on.

So now you know how I work.

The one thing that absolutely shits me is when I'm trying to share a moment of utter joy [insert other extreme happy emotions] and before I even get to finish, you manage to make it about you and the shitty day/week/month/conversation/job/meeting you've had.

Would it kill you so much to be happy for me?

As usual, my horoscope for today reads quite perfectly:

"Be careful what you say now, because even if you don't intend it to be so, each and every syllable you utter could hurt someone. If you're angry, your best bet might be to just keep quiet. "