Saturday, December 11, 2004

Things I've learnt from my first hospital stay:

  1. Take toothpaste! The one in the kit the hospital hands out is crap.
  2. Do not agree to sleep in the gowns they provide. Apart from having a constantly cold ass, the gown has a way of strangling you when it rides up.
  3. My veins that were too small to ever give blood at the Red Cross, were this time, too small for the IV to be set up. This resulted in a couple of attempts to get the damned needle into my right hand, failing which they put it on my left hand. The needle was marginally smaller than my vein, which led to massive bruising, bleeding and PAIN!
  4. Being wheeled into the 'Cancer Center' on admittance is a horrible way to start your stay there.
  5. Drinking Barium Sulfate is shite.
  6. Having an CT Scan makes me question my morality. I know its a lil unrelated, but being in a backless gown and in a wheelchair after drinking a gigantic load of the chalky barium "drink" (as the nurse put it) while you wait outside the area known as the MRI and Cancer Research Center does that to you.
  7. If I don't sign another piece of paper clarifying that: I am indeed not pregnant and that should there be any complications from the radioactivity, I would not sue the hospital, it would be too soon.
  8. The Iodine CT Contrast gave me a flushed, glow-y feeling that started on my left hand (where it was administered) and slowly spread across the body. Its like a warm, soothing heat radiating through...and it feels far too orgasmic to be a side effect.
  9. Am traumatized that the hospital had a GST campaign. Those of you that know Singapore's penchant for modifying behavior (also seen here) Gleneagles had a GST (Greet, Smile and Thank) campaign *scratching head* Would it be too much to assume that as a health care provider, those 3 behaviors need not be 'forced'?
  10. They have shit breakfasts, but an amazing Beef Stroganoff.

ok, I am now a lil woozy and need another nap.

More details soon.