Of mistletoe and log cake
My apologies for the long lapse in posts. With 3 more people in the house and the onset of the holiday season, time became precious, as did access to the computer, as is expected with 2 girls in the house obsessive about the Alice in Wonderland game, MSN and AIM and lets not forget playing 'Walking on Broken Glass' on repeat. *sigh* My joy on hearing '7 Nation Army' was sadly short-lived as Annie Lennox was put on repeat, again. Mind you, I have no problems with AL, what does bug me is that it is not only an old song (1992) I'm *hands on hips* like soooo over it...but that its the only bloody song on repeat! *groan*
I digress.
So Chrissy was great...I hope you all had a great one. I enjoyed the build up to Christmas as well and repainted the front door (damn the previous tenants/owners and all their layers of gold/green/blue/white paint). We put up all 7 Christmas trees and the decorations, the chandelier and its decorations, all of my aunt's Nativity Sets including the one she knitted, the cakes were decorated, the fudge was baked and mmmm eaten carols were playing all day (I'm in love with this), the presents were wrapped and laid under the tree, and it truly felt like the season to be jolly.
Fa la la la la, la la la, la.
I spent Christmas eve with Kelly and Sunita and their families. Kel's dad, who is learning to play the tabla (description here) has a new set and I was thrilled to see it, played a lil bit for him and the others, but was terrified I would tear the skin coz my nails were so long (I know! I've got long nails now! who woulda thought!)
=)
The food was great and the alcohol was better, word of warning, ask Kel to make you a drink...I had a sprite flavored vodka in a champers glass with two cherries. *Sigh* Good stuff.
Had a good laugh with Debbie and May *grin* and Kel's dad refusing to take pix of us all squished together, concentrating instead on the dogs *grin* Then there was Gail and her obsession *wipes tear* that was "too cool man" and running to 7-11 for 'chips'...Thank you for having me, it was so lovely to be with your family on Christmas.
Christmas day was spent having my aunt's famous Christmas omelet as part of chrissie breakfast and then sitting around the tree and opening pressies. Aunty Glen, every year, writes a riddle on the pressie, solving which, one is allowed to open it. Lots cool stuff from family and friends including this (yeah baby)...Pri's was brilliant! A jar of liquid chocolate and a spoon...*big hug* thanks babe.
Here's to family, friends and loved ones.
<< Home