Friday, December 03, 2004

Memories of a future dream

Is it just me or has this year been a sad time for couples. I've lost count of the number that have parted ways and some of them have been in relatively long term relationships.

Was talking to Solange last night and she's in the 'immediate breakup stage' - she's gotten to the point of not caring about him anymore and feeling happier when she is away from him. Coming from someone who left her entire life behind in France to move to the land down under. 2 years and now she can't wait for him to go to Canada and get out of her life. sigh.

Other than that...nursing bad hangover...met up with ex and his new girlfriend which was great...*sigh* He still smells the same. How freaky is that? I hugged him when we met and my nose comes at the base of his neck...and with one whiff I was transported back to those times. The kinda times that make your insides quiver with happiness. Makes you light headed in a delirium of joy. sigh. It reminds you of the great times, one whiff and all the years of rationalizing and making sense of things become oh-so-blurry, there's that one time you feel that way - and one spends the rest of ones life looking for that feeling. (Thanks Div)

She's single again, after 2 years with JB. In my humble opinion, she was the best thing that happened to him and then shit happens. Ces't la vie? It sucks I know. I miss you too. I loved that we could have the craziest conversations and stay in character the whole time (heh) and beyond! Arrr matey! How are various children? Still waiting for your comments on the effects of Americanization vs globalization [could it, could it, possibly be a problem? *gasp*] =) P.s don't you just love that the quiz below gives me a bachelors in Non Sequiturs? och touche.

Gratitude is when his sister calls me to tell me Sweep is doing fine and looks great. His mum got there last night.

sigh.

I'd rather learn from one bird how to sing
than teach ten thousand stars how not to dance
~e.e. cummings