Friday, November 05, 2004

Woo!

  • I'm listening to Kiis-Fm and the current playlist includes The Reason by Hoobastank, My Boo by Usher and Oye Mi Canto by N.O.R.E.
  • I've got a packet of choc-coated sunflower seeds *mmmmm*

Today I learnt (here) that certain people wishing to settle in Australia permanently are required to be in a relationship for at least one year before they can apply.

Some of the factors to be considered, whether a couple satisfy the requirement, include:

  1. knowledge of each other's personal circumstances
  2. financial aspects of the relationship, such as any joint ownership of real estate, joint bank accounts or other major assets
  3. the nature of the household, including living arrangements such as joint residential receipts or joint household accounts
  4. the social aspects of the relationship, provided in statements (statutory declarations) by parents, family members, relatives, friends and other interested parties
  5. joint membership of organizations or joint participation in sporting, social or other activities, and
  6. joint travel.

Made me tick off all those that I know I can satisfy.

sigh.

Ok, so i'm not using it to get my residency, but daily log-ons to their site led to browsing and therefore this page.

The wait is driving me a lil insane.

It could also be that I'm still waiting to hear about any job thus adding to this madness. I actually spent an inordinate amount of time reading strange articles online, the contents of which are for another time, or once I'm sufficiently drunk.

***

Detroit Pistons defeated the Houston Rockets last night. Detroit 87, Houston 79

Rasheed Wallace was one of five Pistons to score in double figures, the other also being in my "Addictions" section as a baller...heh...Detroits entire starting lineup, from last season, was back with all 5 players scoring at least 10 points.