Adieu
Dear you,
I will be leaving on the 20th to Singapore. I unfortunately have no choice in this matter, seeing that my request for a visa extension was rejected.
I would be dealing with this better if it was a blanket decision handed down by the all encompassing authorities AFTER looking at all the info submitted and then deciding not to extend my visa.
As my luck would have it, my lawyer fucked up.
The letter from the USCIS states that there are three things needed to make a decision on a valid application for extension.
- A good reason for requesting to stay on here.
- Why my extended stay would be temporary, including a copy of my return tickets to show that I do have arrangements to go back.
- And a letter stating that my staying on would not have any effect on my foreign residency or employment.
Here's the clincher: The last two documents weren't submitted. And the 'good' reason given to request the extension? and I'm so not kidding on this: "Spend time with Parents". Is that even a full sentence? How convincing is that?
I have to leave in 30 days from the time the letter is dated: i.e. 22nd Oct.
Is it just me or would an immigration lawyer know these things need to be submitted? The anger I feel is more towards the total carelessness with which this was handled. Don't even get me started on the fact that she works for a really well known law firm. *growl*
I'm starting to get really dejected. I'm now waiting to hear about my H1 application. *crossing fingers* which should come through in about 3 weeks. *head in hands*
This cannot be happening.
Either way, I have to leave. (now why does that sound familiar) So its hello Singapore. My parents are very keen on my going back to the motherland. *groan* But I finally got them to see why I don't want to go there. *phew*
Can life get any worse? Its not so much that the visa got rejected that shitting me, but that I'm in no man's land almost. Neither here nor there. Still no word of the Aussie PR thing, which is great *sigh* And well, the way I'm making myself feel better is thinking about that fact that we will be in the same time zone again. I can pick up the phone to call you.
I need a job. In Singapore. I need to look for a place to stay there too. While I'm kinda looking forward to it, there are the other issues bringing me down.
*sigh*
~Sup
<< Home