Sunday, August 01, 2004

Random

"I didn’t have time to put on my make-up cause I was too busy cleaning my gun"

*grin* Feminism and gender identity being the cause. From her.



Reminds me of a signature I used once that read, "I think, therefore I'm single" and she quite smartly responds to an e-mail with the lines, "I take it you don't think then?" (or something along those lines)*grin*

My arm is officially in a sling. And it hurts like hell. *sigh* The past week being rather full on with work. I scored a job designing a company's newsletter and website. And the photo collage I'm doing for mum is keeping me rather occupied.

Convinced mum that my idea of four black square frames with b/w photos of the parents, me brother and I is a good idea. Went thru hundreds of photos to find baby pics of the 4 of us and it goes up tomorrow.

Other than that, pretty quiet weekend. Just got back from a Sex and the City Marathon with Abigail and Lianne. *grin* Some of them episodes had me choking with laughter as I remembered various 'situations' we have been in and then a bout of nostalgia. Remember the dream of us living together and having an island in the kitchen, putting away groceries as we learn that Avril Lavigne is in bed with the bf. *groan*

I introduced the concept of having dated with mum and she surprisingly took it well. My parents are the proverbial Indian parents who can't see the point of dating if it doesn't lead to the commitment. So, while watching an episode of Everybody Loves Raymond (the parents love it) I casually brought up the topic of 'a guy' i was seeing who was really really nice and was really cute but that I had issues with his ex and you referred to him as having chestnut(?) hair if i remember correctly. Man, he had a nice Celica...anyways, I digress...I was telling mum about him and that it got a bit much when i found out about his amazingly nice, and i mean really nice..ex..or what i thought was his ex...who, turns out, had no idea she was the ex...i know...messy...that and he was a bit of a lairise. Ok..more than just a bit...*sigh*

MY point being that mum took it rather well. There were no questions on his name, ethnicity, parents, astrological sign and all. I was quite impressed. Looks like things are a changing.

*hmmm*