24 hours
The past 24 hours have been rather interesting.
I just had my first stint at babysitting. I was asked to look after two kids, 3 and 8 for about 3 hours. It was interesting to say the least. I was 'given' a look for saying "Shit" or "Crap" and having the son ask me what my boobs were required a lot of tact and er...a straight face with the politically/anatomically correct answer. The money was good too...given that it was for 3 hours. At the end of it, Rachael and Nathaniel came and hugged me and said that they had the best time ever and asked if i could come over again. i know, aw moment, but all I could think about was that neither of them were injured in anyway. *phew*
I wrote a long e-mail to her. She's one of my dearest friends and I miss her to bits. I wish she was able to come here too later this month. I was thinking about some of the weirdest things we have come up with and the 3 hour wait at Maccas and our brilliant scheme for making money have got to take the cake.
The way things are going with the tix to Seattle, looks like I might have to give up on it altogether. *deep resigned sigh* But, Srini in Tucson, AZ and I were just talking about driving up to Vegas and doing July 4th there...interested?
*
I have been talking to him more than usual in the past day. I love the way we are talking and what we are talking about. Its hard to believe its been nearly 6 years since we were together, and yet we can still be open and honest and have an amazing conversation. My apologies to you for making you think you were making me uncomfortable. I'm glad we clarified things and I loved talking to you and no, I didn't take offence to your questions, or answers for that matter *sly grin* I would love to involve you in the next one and who knows, by that time, I could be in Melb too. *raises glass* here's to that...
It got me thinking, is it fair to call someone a friend when they don't particularly want you in their lives?
<< Home