*groan*
Sorry for the lapse.
I've spent the last week doing two major things. First off, all my parents things from Singapore arrived last Wednesday. The movers came by at about 7:30 am and by the time they unpacked it was about 2pm...While most of it was stuff around the house, it was so nostalgic looking at some of the photos, mum's paintings and barang barang that mum has. We had two days to sort thru that before being invaded by my cousin and her two year old from San Jose.
While he didn't seem like too much trouble, two hours into their visit, the two year old was a pain. I mean seriously...mum and I would take turns with 'time-outs' from the kid...the funniest thing was seeing the horror on mum's face when she heard him say "Fuck". There is this two year old, with a strong lisp and huge diaper throwing soil from the garden to the floor and muttering "Fuck" coz the clump of soil didn't break apart. Mum attempts to bribe him (with candy) into handing her back her favorite ceramic bowl, and his reaction to apparently a strange piece of candy is "What the Fuck?". Mind you, while the language didn't bother me, I was fascinated with the way he was using the word in context! *mum at this point is quite mortified*
So yeah...been going around lots and well...honestly have been exhausted from it all. *bleagh*
So sorry Camilla, I couldn't get in touch with Kjetil...I'll see if i send it to you any other way...and Congratulations Char! and seeing as its thursday for me, Happy 1 week anniversary. Sorry I couldn't get back to you earlier.
**********
Liverpool mark their first visit to the USA for nearly 50 years as the Reds embark on the summer tour. The first match of the Champions World Series is against Glasgow Celtic in East Hertford, Conneticut.
Yay! Just found out a dear friend is coming over from Phoenix for the Memorial Day long weekend! We haven't seen each other in ages and have known each other for nearly 15 years...woo...didn't realize how long that sounded until now...*Sigh*
In other news, for those in the same boat as I am with the whole PR application and all, I just spoke to a friend in Melbourne who got his PR in 1 month. *aargh* this is where I want to kick and scream "Pick me!" *still traumatized mine's taking so long*
<< Home