Alright. Everything is sorted now.
Sent out the FedEx thing on Friday and have been bugging them on their helpline (1-800-Go-FedEx) and asking them about delivery times and the like all day yesterday. I know, I know...it can be tracked online...but I was in a paranoid state and this morning, saw that it had arrived in Aussie...some place called Alexandria (the only one I know is in NT) and that it was waiting for clearance...I eventually called the no. and found out that it meant they were waiting for customs to clear it...and the lady on the phone was so nice, she even comforted me (I was bawling by this time - out of sheer desperation) and suggested putting in a request for delivery on the 13th of April by 5 pm, instead of the 14th. She then assured me that she would call me back as soon as she knew anything...
Bless her soul, she did contact me and got Toni to call me as well and assure me all will be well...and that there were no problems with customs as they were documents...and all should be well...
Since that call, I have had the FedEx website open, and have refreshed it every 5 - 10mins, and was a little startled when I read that it had landed in Adelaide airport at 6:23 am. Another hour of pacing and worrying showed that it had left the airport and was in the delivery vehicle at 8:03 am. Again, the paranoia took over and I called the 1-800 number again and asked them what "On FedEx vehicle for delivery/ADELAIDE AIRPORT AU 04/13/2004 08:03am" means, only to have the lady at the other end patiently explain that my package was in the van that delivers the them to the recipient and that I should not worry, it looks like my request was honored.
Mum by this time was equally concerned and tried to convince me that going for a walk or doing something different would take my mind off it. So I took her advice (she'll prolly tell you this is the first time I am) and helped her with dinner...for those interested, I made some fresh garlic butter with chives, oregano and basil, Cream of Corn Soup (yes, from scratch, not from a can) and baked a coupla bread rolls...
About an hour later, I came by to hit the customary refresh button and almost fell off my chair when I saw the words "Delivered/ADELAIDE AU 04/13/2004 08:59am"
Thank you for your wishes and hugs and most importantly, your unshakable faith in me, regardless of the Visa outcome. I am forever grateful you were there for me. And don't worry I'll let you hug Matthiew. *grin*
*throwing hands in air* Wohooo!
I know I'm actually going to sleep tonight, instead of crying, being numb, depressed, contemplating extreme measures and imagining the worst that could happen and ofcourse, how bleak my future was going to be.
Thank you.
<< Home